Program Manager, Perfect Pay (BB-672A6)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
Time and Attendance is looking for a Program Manager to own pay defect prevention and risk assessment for the LATAM region for the Amazon’s Perfect Pay Program.
Time and Attendance (TAA) is a rapidly growing team tackling new, hard problems that Amazon has not solved at scale and creating fundamentally improved ways for employees to record time and receive accurate pay. We balance start-up vision and operational excellence, technical complexity and clear product definition, and global scope across multiple Amazon businesses. We are developing software solutions to support Amazon’s high-growth populations. We’ve all heard about 24/7/365. That’s 8760 hours in a year. Now multiply that by the hundreds of thousands of hourly workers at Amazon ... those who work in our fulfillment, customer service, Alexa data services, and AWS data centers; employees in our growing number of Amazon Books bookstores and subsidiaries. On every continent. We must be able to move at Amazon speed and support new and varied business launches.
Who are we looking for to join our team?
At Amazon we take seriously our commitment to pay employees accurately and on-time. While each line of business is responsible for knowing and driving down pay defects for their own employees, the centralized TAA Perfect Pay team manages data stores and analytics, program oversight, cross-org technical and non-technical projects, and drives accountability across leaders. We are looking for a Program Manager to work PXT, product, data, program, and engineering teams to identify risk within the LATAM region and prevent pay defects before they happen and drive operational excellence across businesses. The ideal candidate will be an excellent operator with a proven ability to improve business operations using metrics and develop mechanisms to hold other teams accountable. They will have a track record of using data to inform product and process decisions, and experience working with technical and non-technical cross-functional projects. Domain experience in time and attendance and payroll, or Amazon operations field experience, is useful but not required.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 2+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 2+ years of experience in program or project management
· 2+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative solutions for complex customer problems
· Technical comfort; understanding and discussing technology concepts
calendar_todayhace 20 horas