VAT Finance Project Manager (BB-346A6)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
Finance Operations (FinOps) is one of the largest captive Business Service organizations on Earth. We deliver finance technology solutions, corporate facilities, procurement services and transactional finance to Amazon. We are international, spreading across 28 countries in the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
To support Amazon’s growing business and VAT compliance, Finance Operations Accounting and Analysis (FOAA) is looking for a candidate to own and support global VAT and E-invoicing projects for the Americas. Such projects will relate to business expansions, new product or system launches and compliance with new or changed VAT regulations. This person represents FOAA during project meetings, prepares and reviews business and accounting requirement documents as well as journal entry mappings. Communicating and coordinating with FOAA internal and external stakeholders are important aspects of the role. The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceeding expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, driving innovation on behalf of our customers.
Key responsibilities of the position are:
· Support and co-own global VAT compliance and E-invoicing integration projects from a Finance Operations Accounting perspective. Influence internal decision making with the goal to improve accounting of indirect taxes and accuracy of tax filings.
· Liaison with Indirect Tax Controllership, Accounting, Finance Operations, and Technology teams with the goal to assure the VAT compliance of the financial statements.
· Inform functional process owners about new projects and explain impact on existing processes.
· Safeguard accuracy of VAT financial statement and tax filing by resolving complex accounting issues and implementing process controls. Drive process improvements required to enhance controls and quality of reconciliations and related processes.
· Own regular communications e.g. MBRs and metrics reporting to Senior Management and Directors.
· Promote VAT awareness, including knowledge sharing and training with respect to VAT rules, policies and procedures, within Finance Operations.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with accounting and/or indirect taxes (VAT/GST).
· Proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· 7+ years of accounting and/or experience in the area of indirect taxes for the Americas.
· Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages.
· Master’s degree and/or Professional certification (CPA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience.
· Good understanding of accounts payables and receivables process flows and how they translate into the accounting framework.
· Experience working with service center support teams and matrix organizations
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction.
· Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements.
· The ability to demonstrate ownership, initiate and implement change with a problem solving approach.
· The ability to earn trust with people at all levels within an organization and challenge the “status quo”.
calendar_todayhace 3 días