Head of Primary (BB-6A6FD)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
Overall purpose: To offer leadership, inspiration and guidance; to manage the day-to-day routines of the Primary School; to play a major role in the strategic direction of the whole school and to work effectively as a key member of the School Leadership Team
Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Recommend all major changes in the curriculum in writing to the Director General. Work with the Leadership Team and Curriculum Coordinator in curriculum planning and its development throughout the primary school to ensure proper alignment and delivery of a challenging and interesting academic and co-curricular program in line with the school’s strategic plan and annual improvement plans.
- Responsible for the scheduling of classes for teachers and students.
- Keep up to date with US and international developments in all curriculum areas.
- Keep up to date with modern, contemporary learning environments and their benefits to learning.
- Monitor and respond to curriculum initiatives at international, US and local levels appropriately.
- Monitor standards of learning and teaching across the primary school
- Act as a positive role model promoting teamwork and to motivating staff to ensure effective teaching.
- Provide visionary leadership for an effective learning environment through constructivist, inquiry-based pedagogy.
- Provide active leadership in the continued development of technology focused on enhancing learning and student outcomes.
- Network with other schools, both international and local, to develop opportunities for collaborative learning experiences.
- Work collaboratively with the secondary team to ensure a smooth transition between stages.
- Supervise teaching methods and classroom management.
- Meet with teachers regarding new techniques, courses, materials, etc.
- Supervise the discipline and conduct of students.
- Recommend suspensions and expulsions of students.
- Recommend to the Director which students should withdraw or repeat grades.
- Counsel parents, teachers and students.
- Recommend and supervise school assemblies, field trips, and special events.
- Attend student and parent teacher conferences as needed.
- Attend student activities.
- Supervise and evaluate methods of reporting to parents. Evaluate marking methods.
- Conduct faculty meetings and workshops.
- Maintain cumulative record files for students.
- Supervise annual local MEP requirements
- Monitor student attendance and lateness.
- Participate in the admissions procedure. Supervise testing and placement of new students.
- Recommend changes and materials for the library program.
- Recommend for approval material, supply and duplicating requests.
- Recommend the local and international supply order in accordance with the yearly financial budget approved.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the division.
- Deputize for the Director General as appropriate.
- Work with the Director General and the Senior Leadership Team to formulate strategic direction and create a vision for the School.
- Play and active role in the creation and implementation of the schools’ strategic plan and annual improvement plans.
- Prepare, publish and implement an appropriate and effective primary timetable focused on the needs of students.
- Provide comprehensive information on the primary school’s curricular and co-curricular programs, its philosophy, aims and requirements to staff, students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Director General and Finance Director to prepare and manage the primary school material supplies. Supervise the inventory of educational books and materials and orders of new books and materials.
- In coordination with MAC, inform the Finance Department, in writing, whenever new students are admitted to Country Day School as well as when they leave.
- Act as a cost center holder, requisitioning, organizing and maintaining equipment and stock, and keeping appropriate records.
- Responsible for the sectioning of classes.
- Work with the Director General to ensure that the teaching commitments of the primary school staff are effectively and efficiently time-tabled and accommodated.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall progress and development of all primary students.
- With the Head of Secondary, ensure that the school’s behavior for learning policy is implemented for students so that effective learning can take place.
- With the Head of Secondary, monitor student attendance, ensuring that follow-up procedures are adhered to and appropriate action taken where necessary.
- Work with the Director of Admission and Marketing to continue to grow student enrolment.
- Meet weekly with the Director and the Head of Secondary to discuss teaching plans for the school and to coordinate activities.
- Assist the Director General in other designated areas. Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Work with the Director General to develop a culture of a Professional Learning Community in which individual teachers take responsibility for their own learning and development.
- Evaluate the needs of the primary staff and ensure appropriate opportunities are available as part of the PLC.
- Ensure the NAE Talent Management Framework and processes are understood and followed to enable succession planning and stability of staff.
- Establish links with other schools; international, regional and local, to develop opportunities to share, learn from and disseminate good practice.
- Promote the Global Staffroom to increase interaction with staff in other Nord Anglia Education schools.
- Promote the Nord Anglia University to increase interaction with staff in other Nord Anglia Education schools.
- Promote the use of technology as another platform for high quality professional learning.
- Create a strong, collaborative working environment in primary school to maximize social and personal capital.
- Oversee the professional feedback procedure and goal setting for primary staff.
- Assist in the preparation of Job Specifications for all primary staff and to participate in the interview/selection process for new staff.
- Responsible for providing an effective, people-focused induction for new primary staff
- Monitor and evaluate academic standards at all levels in the primary school in line with agreed school procedures, including bench-marking against other schools, and against international and US standards.
- Management of academic analysis and of the evaluation of performance data as they relate to the primary school.
- Identify and take appropriate action on issues arising from data, systems and reports; setting deadlines where necessary and reviewing progress on the action taken.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, and other colleagues, to assist with the management of the School’s collection of data, particularly where it relates to the development of students at primary level.
- Evaluate faculty formally and informally with appropriate pre-conference follow-up meetings. Recommend to the Director faculty replacements and reassignments.
- With HR, coordinate the orientation of new faculty members.
- Work with HR to have a substitute teacher list prior to the beginning of each semester. Monitor faculty and staff attendance and report in writing to the Human Resources Department.
- Attend professional meetings, workshops or conferences as requested. Encourage faculty visits to other schools and attendance at professional meetings when necessary.
E = Essential, D = Desirable
Qualifications / Training
- Qualified teacher with a minimum of five year’s teaching experience
- Evidence of continuous professional learning and commitment to further improvement
- USA Professional Qualification for Educational Leadership and/or MA in Education in related field
E E D
- The theory of effective learning and teaching theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children: e.g. classroom organization and learning strategies
- Ability to assess, analyze and use data effectively for student and school improvement.
- Budget creation, delegation and management
- Timetable construction at primary lev
- Teaching in an international setting at primary level
- Managing, leading and developing a team’s performance
- Leadership of a primary school
- Experience with US K -12 Curriculum and Common Core State Standards
- Coaching and mentoring of staff for continual improvement,
E E D
The Head of Primary will be able to:
- Lead and inspire a team to promote the aims and objectives of the school and Nord Anglia Education
- Use resources effectively to ensure that the teaching commitments of the primary school are effectively and efficiently timetabled
- Develop strong relationships within local team and wider Nord Anglia Education community
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) to a variety of audiences and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Use IT effectively
- Acts with integrity
- Able to motivate self and others
- Calm under pressure
- Well organized
- Culturally sensitive
calendar_todayhace 20 horas