Senior Firmware Application Framework Engineer (MX)here (BB-A74B3)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
The MX connects customers to the greater internet and protects their traffic and systems. Simply tying together dynamic routing, security, software-defined networking decisions, cellular uplinks, wireless access, and much more is no easy feat. We need your help! As a Senior Firmware Application Framework Engineer on the MX Core team at Meraki, you will play a meaningful role in designing and developing frameworks and libraries to tie the sum total of networking technology together.
You'll have the chance to modernize our embedded platform by building a strong foundation for network applications to be built, ran, managed, and diagnosed. Together, we'll build the best general purpose networking device focused on solving customer problems in the simplest way possible. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that crafting the best products is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
EXAMPLE PROJECTS OF A SENIOR FIRMWARE APPLICATION FRAMEWORK ENGINEER:
- Build a complete network application system using embedded Linux containers
- Design and implement a new management tunnel protocol focused on security and scalability
- Research state of the art Linux features and networking methods with the purpose of teaching others and applying them to our products
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF:
- You have demonstrated ability as a professional software engineer (7+ years)
- You have a technical degree or equivalent experience with a great foundation in computer science or software engineering
- You have familiarity in one or more of the object-oriented languages like C++, Java, C#, etc.
- You can expertly work beyond the boundary of single languages or technologies to identify sophisticated bugs
- You would thrive within a small engineering team and are excited to seek open-ended problems
- You want to understand and leave your mark on how the internet works
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- You have experience with containers, the Linux kernel, and Yocto
- You have understanding of common protocols in OSI layers 3 through 7 (IPv4/6, IPSec, TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, TLS)
- You're eager to develop and apply modern techniques from open-source software and new Linux tools to embedded platforms
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
calendar_todayhace 5 días