STAFF MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (BB-3A37C)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
Job OverviewTE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
What your background should look like:
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Metals Processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint
• Single point of contact for complex problems in Metals Processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint
• Deploy technical knowledge in Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint across the Engineering Team
• Drive Continuous Improvement efforts in Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint
• Identify opportunities in terms of PvrsP
• Challenge technical decisions being made on Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint
• Ensure learnings on Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint are timely shared/applied across transfers
• Ensure proper tooling (hardware & software) & fixturing available for low & high runners
• Ensure the most robust validation approach is provided on Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint
• Ensure technical knowledge in Metals processes, Polymers transformation, Materials Stamping/Joint is properly documented
• Provide justifications, implementations & support validations for new capital equipment.
• Ensure processes are predictable, repeatable & reproductible, always in compliance with Safety, Quality, Performance & Cost.
• Map improvement opportunities in an early stage and ensure those are properly passed down to Sustaining Engineering
• Develop & Implement cost reduction & quality improvement related projects..
• Ensures budget, planning & quality requirements are achieved during transfers.
• Makes sure each collaborator complies with the company culture & guidelines.
• MBA, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Minimum 7 working years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering with emphasis in Metals Processes, Polymers transformation and/or Materials Stamping/Joint
• Experience in Molding, Extrusion is a plus
• Experience in Grinding/Coiling is a plus
• Experience on medical devices considered a plus.
• Preferable with knowledge in mechanical design, FEA, stack up tolerances &, metrology,
• Experience on DFM, Lean Six Sigma principles and Design of Experiments..
• Proven experience on achieving accurate projections for different indicators.
• Expert on delegation, Team work and Accountability
• Must be able to create a collaborative working environment.
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings and prints.
• Knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, etc.).
• Very strong/proven experience on problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent reputation on building relationships through different layers of the organization
CompetenciesValues: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
calendar_todayhace 10 horas