Senior Project Business Analyst/ Accounting (BB-DEBE1)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
About this opportunity
This position is responsible for providing technical-functional leadership to the Finance Business Operations team in the development of end-to-end functional solutions. Assist the team in delivering the finance requirements for multiple strategic and functional projects. Collaborate with various cross functional teams such as, finance, IT and marketing to ensure overall projects are implemented successfully and within the timelines. Lastly provide support and documentation to the finance group, internal audit and/or external accountants and follow up on post-implementation issues.
In this role, you will...
• Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as, finance, IT, R&D, legal and marketing to research and develop effective process solutions with a focus on scaling the business to higher volumes and minimizing manual workarounds.
• Develop a strong understanding of underlying internal software systems and their inter-dependencies by liaising with finance, IT resources and other subject matter experts.
• Facilitate the gathering of requirements by working with the finance group to understand their business and technical needs.
• Resolve ambiguities, inconsistencies and conflicting business and technical requirements to build consensus and drive to agreed-upon solutions.
• Critically identify and help address issues concerning system limitations, gaps in process or inefficient procedures.
• Document finances’ requirements in sufficient detail for IT and users to understand. Clarify processes and requests in a logical manner and with a practical approach.
• Facilitate communication with developers to ensure that the business requirements are translated to design specifications and appropriate testing efforts.
• Create functional specification documents as needed for projects.
• Create test case scenarios to validate the new system requirements, data conversions, workflows and end-user procedures are working appropriately and/or other unaffected areas remain unchanged.
• Analyze data inconsistencies from testing to determine data integrity, system issues or reporting issues.
• Document the results of validation testing thoroughly so that Internal Audit may rely upon the findings. Troubleshoot any issues by engaging IT or other subject matter experts.
• Proactively communicate project status to Project Manager, Finance Business Operations and finance team members, as appropriate.
• Ensure new or changed finance processes are documented, tested and are appropriately transitioned to existing finance personnel.
• Support the overall Company’s strategic objectives by actively participating in project meetings, as necessary.
• Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
• Have a solid understanding of Align’s Accounting process/procedures and key internal controls.
• Build relationships with cross functional team members to influence changes and gather support.
• May take on additional responsibilities or projects, as needed.
In this role, you’ll need ...
• 7+ years of accounting and project experience required
• Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects.
• Experience in business analysis and project management
• Experience in cross functional projects, such as, an implementation of financial or ERP systems
• 7+ years experience with SAP Finance modules preferred
• Experience with functional accounting cycle
• Experience with revenue deferrals and recognition preferred
• Write basic SQL queries
• Understanding of GAAP
• BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent
• CPA a plus
• Certified Project Manager Professional a plus
• Solid understanding of GAAP and SOX requirements
• The candidate should be proficient in Excel; ability to write complex SQL queries preferred
calendar_todayhace 6 días