Technical Analyst 2-Support (BB-6C610)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo Bulk CR
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
Oracle provides a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Oracle is hiring expert technical support staff for its Oracle VM and Oracle LVM (ovirt based). By joining this proven team of Linux and virtualization professionals, you will assist customers worldwide in resolving issues requiring your wide-ranging skill set. It is essential for the analyst in this position to be capable of providing sufficient support to customers in a timely manner.
• Remote technical support using phone, email, and web applications technologies for Oracle VM, and Oracle LVM to customers worldwide.
• Handling, and pursuing customers for updates towards problem resolution.
• Customers will look up to you for assistance in addressing their needs in a timely, professional manner.
• Filing, tracking product defect reports.
• Requesting and tracking enhancement requests.
• Writing documents for our knowledge base, tracking and processing the comments on them.
• Continually exercise and grow your diverse skills as you deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
• Proactive and reactive Escalation management including regular monitoring and reporting of open Executive-level escalated issues and coordinating Support/Development resources to expedite resolution.
• Handle service incidents from customers about Oracle VM, and Oracle LVM products.
• Monitor team's service tickets and respond to them if needed.
• Propose training plans for team members by assessing daily work.
• Analyze software defects and communicate with our engineering team regarding them.
• Receive escalation requests and discuss countermeasures with customers.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement:
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle Linux, Red Hat platforms administration
• Knowledge of the Linux OS internals, particularly crash/vmcore experience
• Knowledge and experience of Xen tools/environment
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) environment
• Experience with C/Python programming is a plus
• Customer focused with a pro-active and responsive approach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
The position may also require weekend shift work on a rotational basis.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location:CR-CR,Costa Rica-Santa Ana:
calendar_todayhace 1 día
location_onSanta Ana, Costa Rica