Senior Python Engineer (BB-27175)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo Bulk CR
We are Proximity, a Software Development Company. Our main operation is based on San Jose, Costa Rica, and we have a second delivery center in Lima, Peru. We focus on providing specialized outsourcing technology services to clients in the USA and Canada, looking for long term, win-win relationships where we can become an extension of your organization.
We're looking for Python candidate who is ready to get their hands dirty, are as passionate about industrial IoT and energy storage, and have the drive required to bring new energy storage systems to market!
You’ll be managing, enhancing, and scaling the Client's platform, which turns supermarkets into an intelligent energy management service. You will bring our cutting-edge physical modeling, machine learning, and energy management algorithms to life, creating a real-world impact on the Client's customers’ energy savings as well as promoting responsible energy management to combat climate change - all at enterprise scale.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong experience working in Agile environments including substantial experience working with large distributed teams in Scrum or Kanban environments
- Manage, enhance, and scale the Client's platform. Generate and maintain best practices; design and implement new features; expand to enterprise-scale capability and robustness.
- Create workflows to quickly and reliably release sophisticated software at scale while reducing downtime and risk, from the IoT edge to data analysis services and web apps.
- Engineer reliability and scale into Client's software, moving from handfuls to thousands of customer sites (blue/green development, staging environments, etc).
- Leverage the skills of the Client's unique and exceptional hardware/software cross-functional staff to create innovative solutions to physical engineering challenges.
- Generate metrics to drive beautiful and intuitive displays of energy savings data in the Client's web apps.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. in any computer science, engineering, or similar discipline (and/or equivalent).
- 4+ years developing professional-grade software (via professional experiences, personal projects, coding communities, etc).
- Interested in learning and contributing to a wide variety of software projects, including web backend, IoT edge, creative data analysis, and control using machine learning algorithms.
- Excited about writing excellent code and applying software best practices.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough problems.
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, industrial IoT, and energy storage.
- Excellent software design instinct; object orientation should be core to your thinking.
- Able to learn new technologies and development methodologies rapidly.
- Experience working with Python 3.x
- Knowledgeable with Linux / bash
- Experience with git / GitHub
- Application development for Kubernetes microservices architecture
- Python unit and functional testing frameworks
- Agile software development
Nice to have experience:
- TDD frameworks (nosetests, pytest, unittest, etc)
- Deployment workflows: CI/CD
- Agile software development
- Data processing, modeling, and analytics tools (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Grafana 5+, Jupyter notebooks)
- Docker (containers, compose, orchestration, etc.)
- Web service software development; profiling & refactoring (Python)
- Databases: Timeseries (influxdb), noSQL (mongodb), object storage
Benefits and Perks
- Medical Insurance (Costa Rica) / EPS (Peru)
- Work from home
- Flexible Schedules
- Snacks, fruit and beverages, all free!
- Amazing organizational culture
- Challenging projects using the latest technologies with clients from the US and Canada
- Ping-Pong table and tournaments.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_todayhace 2 días
location_onSan José, Costa Rica