Senior Software Engineer, MR Featureshere (BB-8B80F)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
In this role, we are looking for someone to help us expand and refine the capabilities of our wireless access points beyond simply Wifi. As the world becomes more connected the need to support and simplify that connectivity grows. As a Technical Leader, you will be tasked with architecting and implementing systems that help establish Meraki APs as viable and fully capable IoT gateways. You will work with variety of sensors including, but not limited to environmental and security sensors, thermostats, door locks and more. With millions of Meraki APs deployed worldwide, this is an outstanding opportunity to build something that could have immediate and significant impact throughout the world.
Here at Meraki, we…
- Believe that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers.
- Place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team.
- Foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
- Are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about.
With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
Example projects within this role...
- Developing Enterprise class features for Wi-Fi devices focused on Security, Policy and performance.
- Integrating Wi-Fi and IOT drivers to add support for established protocols and systems.
- Integrate with Cisco Cloud security, implement publisher-subscriber protocol for IoT applications.
- Establishing a reporting system that is simple and intuitive and gives customers good insight into their network and clients.
As a Technical Leader, you will...
- Be at the forefront of architecture, design, own projects from initial ideas, block-diagram concepts, to prototype, all the way to shipping features in next generation Meraki products.
- Participate and lead various architectural discussions. Collaborate with Product Management teams and cross functional software teams to develop secure, reliable, and scalable features that are built with simplicity and quality in mind.
- When things don’t go quite as planned— be bold to dig into the code and come up with clear ideas to move forward, guiding, mentoring junior engineers and be point of contact for features owned and produced by the team .
- Collaborate with other Engineers across product teams to continually improve our Feature design, development, and deployment practices.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Have 7+ years of experience writing professional production C and/or C++ code for embedded system architecture.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP(v4, v6) networks, Layer 2, Layer 3 networking, QoS, Security, application security expertise (L2/L3 firewall, IPS, IDS), DNS, DHCP, ARP.
- Expertise in developing Linux user space and kernel space code, knowledge of memory, linux stack , IPC mechanisms & SKB.
- Experience with build systems (Yocto, OpenWRT) and Gnu Makefiles.
- Comfortable working with network protocol analyzers like Wireshark, using Traffic generating tools Ixia chariot.
- Have effective interpersonal skills and a strong ability to collaborate with others.
- Are proactive and willing to learn new things and seek new challenges.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (e.g., 802.11r, 802.11v, 802.11r, Wi-Fi 6, 6E, Bluetooth, Zigbee, 4G).
- Deep understanding of wireless protocols and network security fundamentals.
- Experience building Cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. Web applications).
- Passion to lead, improve code , implement design patterns, best coding practices.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
calendar_todayhace 2 días
location_onSan José, Costa Rica
work Cisco Meraki