Engineering Manager, MS Test Automationhere (BB-8590F)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
About the team:
The MS Test Automation team is responsible for the quality of our Meraki network switch (MS) product line. It is constantly challenged with impactful problems focused around scaling, network troubleshooting, and stability and is the lynchpin of our business health.
In this role, you will use your experience with software, and testing to ensure the success of the team and product. You will grow and lead QA engineers, plan the team’s roadmap, and execute against that plan. Your team will be fully embedded within the software development group and work cross functionally with a number of other departments.
For example, your team will help MS developers write tests for new features, work with other test teams to plan changes to shared infrastructure, and collaborate with our Product Management team to tackle problems or even suggest new features.
As the Manager of this team you will focus on the following:
- Plan and track test development timelines, updating the rest of the team when things change
- Drive the firmware release process from choosing a candidate firmware all the way to releasing it to GA
- Architect changes to our testbed topology to support testing of a broader range of product features and accurately reflect customer deployment profiles
- Select and follow appropriate agile and other software development principles so your team consistently delivers high quality, stable, and useable test frameworks
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues, clarify expectations, and supporting the professional growth of everyone on your team
- Partnering closely with recruiters to significantly build out your team over the year.
- Be a part of the leadership of the larger MS team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience hiring and leading teams of software engineers
- 6+ years of software test and/or QA experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in configuring and debugging networking equipment and protocols, especially switching
- Experience automating or scripting tests or other systems in languages such as Python or Ruby
- Leadership experience on projects involving substantial planning and coordination (either in a formal role or de facto)
- Expert knowledge of end-to-end testing of physical embedded devices
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware test tools such as Ixia/Keysight.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
calendar_todayhace 19 horas
location_onSan José, Costa Rica
work Cisco Meraki