Senior Software Developer / Backend (San Jose, Costa Rica) (BB-3976E)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo CR
Build the core of SecureLink's products and services with high performance and high quality.
Who We Are
At SecureLink, we take our job seriously, but ourselves, not so much. We aren’t afraid of a challenge and understand the individual and team effort required to accomplish something great! SecureLink’s world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
Founded in 2003, SecureLink doesn't just offer products – we provide partnerships. We have the knowledge, existing relationships, and expertise to make the maximum impact on our customers’ business. This, and our “failure is not an option” mindset, is what has led to us solidifying our place as the leaders in managing secure third-party remote access and remote support for both highly regulated enterprise organizations and technology vendors.
After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners, the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. Since then, we have nearly tripled our revenue, earning a place on the Inc. 5000 list of the U.S.’s fastest-growing privately-owned companies three years in a row. During that same period, we’ve proudly maintained our strong culture, recently being recognized with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. In 2020, we announced an added partnership from Cove Hill which will position us to accelerate our growth and further advance product innovation.
This position is expected to be filled in the San Jose, Costa Rica area even though our team is fully distributed for the time being. We are continuously evaluating our return to the office with the safety of our employees and their families at top of mind.
What You’ll Do
SecureLink offers a highly available and performant connectivity framework that uses SSH to create a connectivity platform for remote support. On top of these connectivity services, SecureLink also offers advanced auditing capabilities and centralized management for remote access.
Our product is mission-critical to our customers and our success depends on our ability to evolve our product to satisfy new customers while improving stability and maintaining security and quality.
You will be:
- Helping improve product quality and performance.
- Designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems to fulfill product needs.
- Debugging production issues across multiple layers on a diverse set of platforms and environments.
- Working with engineers and stakeholders across the company to build new features.
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes at SecureLink.
- Responsible for extending, expanding, and integrating SecureLink's clients to support the latest changes and developments in the platforms our customers use.
You will be fit for this role if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in building or supporting complex software systems.
- Have experience in systems engineering with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability.
- Are familiar with developing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise applications.
- Are a team player and like to mentor and share your knowledge with others.
- Have experience working with teams collocated in remote offices.
- Can tackle ambitious goals and projects and have the ability to get things done.
- Have a good understanding of the SSH protocol and capabilities like reverse port forwarding.
- Possess strong coding skills in Java, C++, Go or another statically typed language for building highly performant services.
It's not expected that any single candidate would have expertise in all these areas. For instance, not all our team members were well acquainted with SSH when they joined us, but after working here for a while they got familiar with the protocol's inner workings and advanced features.
You might work on:
- Building APIs for part of the SecureLink product.
- Creating and supporting microservices.
- Redesigning parts of the product to make it easier to support and integrate.
- Creating design documents and specifications out of requirements.
- Lead other developers while tackling bigger projects.
What's it like to develop software at SecureLink?
SecureLink is an engineering company at heart, and we are building a world-class solution for Vendor Privileged Access Management. We support over 800 customers in a wide range of environments.
We strive to make our product easy to use, maintain, and deploy. We have several teams focused on:
- Platform: preparing the Operating System, hardening the system for production, reliability, operability, and support).
- Application: the web application (frontend of the product) and the backend services that deal with audit and connectivity.
- Integrations and customizations (APIs, SDKs, etc).
- Internal tools and development experience.
- System-level development: Windows, Mac, and Linux drivers and native clients.
We like to have fun and solve hard problems. Our team is highly motivated, smart, and supportive. If you thrive in a collaborative environment and would like to learn more about the position would like to hear from you.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company’s mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them “slinky”. These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and “slinky” people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
calendar_todayhace 1 día
info Full Time
location_onSan Jose, Costa Rica